The authoritative handbook for property litigatorsFind Out More
PUBLISHED NOWFind Out More
Clarke on Commonhold
Law, Practice and Precedents£233.00
Full guidance on how to set up, convert to or purchase commonholds
Clarke on Commonhold: Law, Practice and Precedents is a comprehensive looseleaf service for all property practitioners, providing full guidance on how to set up, convert to or purchase commonholds.
The authoritative team of contributors combine academic analysis of this major development in the law with experience of the practical concerns of clients and the knowledge to resolve them.
The looseleaf format enables new and revised material to be added, keeping you fully up to date with the latest rules, regulations and developments, so you can be sure you have access to a completely reliable source.
This authoritative work includes an exhaustive and fully up-to-date commentary of the Act, precedents and regulations and contains step-by-step guides, an extensive set of precedents, checklists and all the relevant legislation.
The work is accompanied by a free CD-ROM containing all the precedents.
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes
Table of Statutory Instruments
Table of International Conventions and EC Legislation
Principles and Policy
- The Rationale
- The Nature of Commonhold
- Commonhold – A Preliminary Assessment
Preparing for a Commonhold
- Pre-registration Issues
- The Commonhold Land
- The Commonhold Association
- The Commonhold Community Statement
- Developers and Development Rights
- Consents to Registration
Creating and Registering an Estate in Commonhold Land
- The Registration Procedure
- Registration Issues Relating to New Commonhold Developments
- Registration Issues Relating to Conversions to Commonhold
- Issues Arising on Activation of the Commonhold
The Commonhold Unit
- The Commonhold Unit and Unit-holders
- Dealings with a Commonhold Unit
Operation and Management of a Commonhold
- Operation and Management of the Commonhold
- The Finance of the Commonhold
- Changes to the Commonhold and the Amendment of the CCS
Commonhold Relationships and Resolution of Disputes
- Dispute Resolution
- Commonhold and the General Law
Termination of a Commonhold
- Errors that May Lead to Termination
- Winding Up
- Compulsory Purchase
- Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (Commencement No 3) Order 2003, SI 2003/2377
- Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (Commencement No 4) Order 2004, SI 2004/1832
- Commonhold Regulations 2004, SI 2004/1829
- Commonhold (Land Registration) Rules 2004, SI 2004/1830
Non-Statutory Government Guidance
- Commonhold: Non Statutory Guidance on the Commonhold Regulations 2004, July 2004
- Guidance on the Drafting of a Commonhold Community Statement including Specimen Local Rules
- Land Registry Practice Guide 60
- Scenario 1 – Commonhold residential block scenario
- Scenario 2 – Commonhold industrial estate scenario
- Specimen Local Rules
- Miscellaneous Forms
Commonhold Consultation Paper and Analysis
- A Lord Chancellor’s Department Consultation Paper – Commonhold Proposals for Commonhold Regulations, October 2002
- Analysis of the Responses to an LCD Consultation Paper ‘Proposals for Commonhold Regulations’, October 2002
- Filing Record
General EditorDavid Clarke, Professor of Law and Pro Vice-Chancellor, University of Bristol; member of the Commonhold Consultation Group
Written in collaboration with Letitia Crabb, Senior Lecturer, University of Reading and Nicholas Roberts, Senior Lecturer, Oxford Brooks University; Solicitor Precedents contributed by Osborne Clarke, Solicitors
Looseleaf + CD-ROM*
£233.00 main work + p&p
*This CD-ROM is designed to run on Windows based systems. To check your system compatibility please contact our helpdesk on 0117 917 5396.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
A popular and practical step-by-step guide to the law and procedure for renewing business...
Law and Practice
This book is a best-selling guide to the legal framework in which service charges operate.